1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have an iProblem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'm sure there are people here much more into iPods than myself, but haven't seen anything posted on this previously, so here goes.

After getting my first iPod last Christmas (30gb, 5th gen, black) I've gotten really hooked on the thing. First it was music, then someone on SportsJournalists.com explained how I could take DVD's and rip them into iTunes.

Next, I figured out how to get my contact list from my Mac at work onto my iPod which was synched to my PC at home. Then games (damn you, video poker). Then podcasts. It got to the point where I no longer had room on the hard drive for all of it.

I broke down and bought an 80gb version a month ago. Gave the old one to my wife, who now has the same problem.

Problem was, I subscribed to a couple podcasts that were technology-based and are now all abuzz with the upcoming sixth-generation iPods, which are rumoured to have touch screens a-la the iPhone. Apparently there's a press conference set for Sept. 5 which will release them (http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/08/24/source-major-apple-event-on-september-5th).

I broke down today and returned my 80gb iPod, hoping it'll be worth the extra wait.

Anybody else looking forward to the new slate of iPods?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That was the buzz about 18 months ago, too. After a big delay, the new touch-screen iPod wasn't an iPod at all. It was an iPhone.

I wouldn't bank on the iRumor mill.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

what i want to know is, for those people who have an iphone, can you live without an ipod or do you also have an ipod? i know the iphone has only up to about 8 GB so i guess that sort of answers the question but i'm curious about whether anyone has given up their ipod. seems like just a matter of time until the phone is also an 80 GB video ipod and we need only one device.

Draft saved Draft deleted