1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a terrible confession to make

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Jan 11, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Related, I went into the newish Dunkin' Donuts near the house today for the first time. 15 tables, a big TV on the wall and a conference room. Nice and roomy. Much preferable to the crowded pretension of a Starbucks.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Dude, that thread would be titled "I did something amazing and I want to tell the world."

Huggy and Cosmo like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’ve installed/serviced espresso machines in a few Level and WeWork co-working spaces. Really nice, hip offices, with lots of amenities, including free espresso, cold brew and beer on tap etc.

Folks claim the setting gives them a sense of camaraderie and helps to keep them accountable.

Also nice to be surrounded by other creative, entrepreneurial types.

Working from home, with its distractions, can be hard. I can definitely see the appeal to these places.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm off to the coffee shop to write! Without any shame or reservation at all! Fuck you guys! I mean, have a great afternoon!

5. YankeeFan

All their new stores are like this. Starbucks is definitely the competition.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

More power to people who work from home. Way too many distractions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That the coffee is infinitely better should help.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Shitting in the urinal - or trough - at an Argos game at the Ex, especially if Hamilton was in town, would be among the tamer things going on there that day

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm assuming a reference to Starbucks' ill-fated "your barista is going to now talk to you about race issues" from back in 2015.

11. YankeeFan

Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping/guessing.

With no context, it sounds insane.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted