1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have a bad case of Vincenzo Testaverde, or running NFL Week 16 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 15, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of hate to say, but I wish the NFL still played those double-headers on Saturdays on the broadcast channels. Nothing got me in the mood for Christmas more than that. Playing primetime on the NFL network really doesn't do it for me.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtS2Xzag.OnmnVSwwAOwlEU5nYcB?slug=ap-titansinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

A little game-related news. The Titans will be without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch for the rest of the regular season. Haynesworth has a sprained MCL in his left knee and Vanden Bosch is having "minor surgery to repair a groin muscle."

Is there really such a think as minor surgery in the groin area?

The Titans already have a bye locked up, but they are going to be without their two Pro Bowl defensive linement for the remaining games against Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

So basically this thread was started too early so that the thread starter got the chance to come up with a stupid name for it. Brilliant.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Really. Why not play Saturday afternoon games after Dec. 1?

If you happen to step on the Purina Dogfood Bowl, that's the breaks.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think the NFL screwed up. Couldn't the Titans still lose the division to the Colts?

Titans are 12-2, Colts 10-4. If they tie at 12-4, both will be 1-1 against each other and 4-2 in division but the Colts will be 10-2 in conference and the Titans 8-4. Wouldn't that give the Colts the division and the bye?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Another reason to stop inserting the names of random players just because their jersey numbers match the X in "Xth running thread."

Honestly, sometimes this place is just like high school in terms of people trying to prove how cool they are.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Common games are the third tiebreaker, before conference record. I haven't done the math, but I guess the Titans must have an insurmountable lead in those?

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Record in common games comes before record in conference games. That includes the games against the AFC South, AFC North and NFC North. Even if the Titans lost to Pittsburgh and Indy, they'd be 12-2. Indy right now is only 8-4 in those games.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If lovin' you is wrong, I don't want to be Randy Wright.

[​IMG]

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Heard him doing radio color for Westwood One, I think, a few weeks ago. I know it was either that or Sports USA, I think they have an NFL deal as well.

Wierd thing was I remember his jersey, and Bubby Brister's, being one of very few NFL jerseys available where I grew up.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks, pseudo and apeman. I just assumed it went h-to-h, division and conference. It should, as far as I'm concerned...why would you give more weight to games played out of conference via the common games tiebreaker?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted