1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- 2011-2012 season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 25, 2011.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

After watching over a foot of snow fall here in New Hampshire on Halloween, I've come not to really care anymore. It can snow all it wants.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5 inches + through the first 4 hours of the storm. Wind hovering around 40 consistently.

Calling for another 8-12 overnight, and another 3 during the day tomorrow.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

How's it going Chef? It seems to me, at least in this area, the storm wasn't nearly as bad as they were predicting.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I have to drive toward that sometime this week so I can see my family for Christmas. I was originally planning to leave Tuesday but I knew by Monday afternoon that was going to be foolish. I didn't figure it would get cleared up much, so not leaving today, either. Probably heading out Thursday.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12 inches in the city. Up to 15 around. Another 1-4 overnight and through the day tomorrow.

Adding 4 inches to 12 doesn't mean much, but add 12 inches to 4, and you've got a helluva mess.

oh...ape.....roads are fine. big ass mess tuesday with them, but all is well now.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Amazed Oklahoma and Kansas got hammered with snow, but it's hard to find anything on the ground in North Dakota and Minnesota. We got a dusting last night in the Poconos, with the next chance coming Christmas Eve.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Winter storms out here can be a bitch with the amount of wind we get.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Two days ago, the prediction was for "light snow." By Wednesday afternoon, it was forecast for 6-12 inches of snow in the Mile High City. I just came across the Rockies on I-70. Lots of slide-offs and idiots going too fast, as usual.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We usually get one good snow a year here deep in the hearta'. I count a good snow as one that'll cause schools to close.

A few years ago we went snow-free and then got 20 inches of wet snow on March 30, which is extremely late for us. Of course, last year the shit hit during Super Bowl week. Normally by Feb. 20 or so, the worst is behind us and we start getting highs in the 60s and 70s.

So far this year, just a dusting about a month ago. So the ARCTIC BLAST 2012!!!1!!! is still ahead of us.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's been a pretty tame winter here so far. I was shorts three times in January. But we've got a decent-sized storm coming in here Thursday night into Friday -- could get up to a foot in the city and a foot and a half in the Plains. Don't know where this storm going after blowing out of here, but it could sock a lot of people into the weekend.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's a sad winter when a snow thread is at two pages by February.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted