1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate snow -- 2011-2012 season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MileHigh, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Some snow forecast (not enough to measure) for Lexington, Mass on Thursday and Saturday nights. This is what dramatists call foreshadowing.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Alas, I can't find any video, so I grabbed a few pics of that 84 game.

[​IMG]

Tonight's forecast.

[​IMG]

Rich Karlis, barefoot in the snow

[​IMG]

Look, Bubbler, it's Lynn Dickey!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

About 5 inches downtown. Last year, first snow didn't hit until nearly Thanksgiving and we only ended up with about 23 inches all season (normal is about 60). Too short for fall this year, unfortunately, but looks like shorts will be fine by the weekend.

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Love snow. Please arrange for some in Steamboat by January 16 please. Inviting SJ Colorado and points nearby to join for a celebratory beer or four

5. MileHigh

Love, Love, LOVE Steamboat. (Helps that my sister has a condo up there.) And lots of snow up there already. They got 500 inches-plus last season. Just got the notice that one of the good golf courses is closed for the season.

Another storm coming in middle of next week. So, in the span of a week, he had a record high of 80, 7 inches of snow, then today, back into the 60s with wind and leaves going everywhere. And virtually no snow left on the ground.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Embarking on my first Florida winter after several years Up North. My line is that I miss the first snowfall of the season, but not the second, third, fourth, fifth...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sledding down the aisles was awesome

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The fact that Tim Tebow was destined to be born warmed Rich Karlis' foot

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

3-4 inches ... in central Pennsylvania ... on Oct. 29. That pissed me off.

It also turned central Pennsylvania drivers into absolute idiots.

10. MileHigh

Blizzard warnings going up out here. Could get 5-10 inches. Trees still teetering from last week's storm probably won't make it in this one because we're getting heavy snow and lots more wind. Wheeeeeee.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good luck with the trees, MileHigh. My neighborhood is still without power (and estimates of return from local utility NStar are getting ominiously and increasingly vague) from Saturday night's storm and general tree destruction. Oaks may be mighty, but they're mighty brittle, too.

12. MileHigh

Thanks, M_G. Hopefully, this one doesn't pile on the Northeast this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted