1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Hate Cablevision Part VII

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have 5 TV's at my house - 4 of which have cable boxes at $7 a pop. 5th TV was just direct to cable -working fine till yesterday when message comes up that I need a cablebox.

I spoke to customer service and they advised that all TV's now must have box.

Another example of a money grab by the Dolans. In a cross thread I would rather The Knicks not get Lebron just to screw those crooks.

End of rant.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

We have DirecTV but use Cablevision for internet.

Naturally, they want to 'Triple Play' you and all that bundle bullshit. Mr. Lugs was on the phone with them several months ago, and they told him that if we signed up for Triple Play, we wouldn't even need a cable box - but that our bill would actually be *lower* than if we only had internet. I heard the conversation and begged him not to take the bait. He got a name, was assured and signed up for Triple Play (without us actually getting a cable box - so no cable.)

Two months later, our bill was raised. We called about it, and they told us to return the cable box and the bill would be lowered. WHAT CABLE BOX?!?

About 7 phone calls and two weeks later, we are now signed up for only internet.

'Crooks' doesn't even begin to describe it.

3. CR19

CR19 Member

Don't worry Boom. You'll have your revenge against the Dolans during tonight's LeBron special.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

LeBron won't go to NY because it is the fate of the Knicks to hold that big Stoudamire contract and still suck.
    I hate myself for being a Knicks fan.

5. Boom_70

If I had only purchased that 5th box ...maybe the Dolans could have offered Lebron more money.

I am heartbroken.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Indeed. It is all your fault, Boomsie... bet you don't subscribe to Newsday, either.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I will say that I like Anthony Randolph.
    I like Stoudemire; however, I think he'll lose interest rapidly as the losses mount.
    Because, unfortunately, NY is still not a playoff team.

8. Boom_70

They should bring back Stephon Marbury. I believe they are still paying him.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think they're still paying Clarence Weatherspoon.

10. Boom_70

Demise started when Checketts traded Mark Jackson and refused to resign the X man

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Charles Smith - the bane of a Knicks fans' existence.
    Nice trade.

Draft saved Draft deleted