1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I hate BLOX ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rosie, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I am so aggravated right now I could scream.

I have a breaking news story, it's serious, and for the last 45 minutes, I've been waiting for BLOX to allow my story to show on our website.

Yes, I have everything entered and tagged correctly. I've quadruple-checked.

I've never had it take this long for a breaking story to appear - but right now, with very little coffee and very little sleep, I'm REALLY aggravated!

Shouldn't breaking news be, oh, I don't know - IMMEDIATE??

Anyone else have problems with the BLOX system?

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

To say our company has had issues with BLOX would be an understatement. We just got it in August, leaving Open Pages, and half the people want to go back. I don't think it's all that bad, and I think most of the frustration coming from people is human error, and not computer error.

In your case, though, it sounds like computer error, for sure, if you've double checked everything.

3. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

This can usually be chalked up to a cow stepping on a wire somewhere in Iowa.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm with you Rosie. We've had all kinds of problems with our shop's web site, and while some are our own doing, many are due to the way BLOX will scramble the priority codes for stories, and other random schtuff like that.

BLOX SUX!

5. Hoos3725

Hoos3725 Member

I know my shop has had lots of problems with BLOX. I find it confusing and not always user friendly. It is definitely a step up from our old system, but it can be hard to use at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted