1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I had no idea a Prius could go 100 mph

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe Fredo will commute his sentence.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That'd be a nobel gesture, but I think the $100 fine for speeding isn't much to worry about.

4. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

I went to a lacrosse camp in New Hampshire with him one year. He was a pretty cool kid. There were a bunch of lacrosse coaches there who wouldn't say much, but when they did talk it was clear they had no idea what they were talking about. I wonder what those guys were doing there?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Think you answered your own question, F8.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

It's an inconvenient truth for Fat Albert that maybe he should spend have spent more time looking after Black Sheep Little Al than on the road talking about the environment.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I grinned.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I wouldn't go that far, Jack. Some children from the most attentive parents in the world turn out to become drug addicts, criminals or just loosers. Then, some of the worst parents in the world produce the best children.

I know my parents were pretty good, IMO, and yet I got a few speeding tickets.

Still, I am amazed to read about a Prius going 100 mph. I wonder if there is a long downhill on that stretch of freeway.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jeez. Because everyone who has a kid who does something stupid is obviously a horrible parent. Did you roundly condemn Bush when Jenna was having her problems with the Austin police? How about the neighbor you inevitably have who is a great person but has a troubled kid?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the drugs? 25 to life?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe he had a few extra hamsters under the hood.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, Idaho, but the point of this story is hardly the speeding ticket, but, rather, the marijuana, Valium, Xanax, Vicodin, and Adderall -- none for which he had a prescription.

Draft saved Draft deleted