1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I guess heaven needed a web browser

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

AOL will pull the plug on Netscape in February.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_on_hi_te/netscape_rip

RIP. My first intradoohickey memory is surfing ESPN Sports Zone and fan sites for my favorite football team on Netscape in the school newspaper office.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Very sad. RIP

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Netscape was the browser of choice at my alma mater as well. First Internet experience outside of email was reading game story from San Fran-San Diego Super Bowl on said InterTubes.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Blech! If Heaven needed a Web browser and this was God's choice, He clearly is not tech savvy.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good career move. :)

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Who's to say that Netscape is going to Heaven. I've told it to go elsewhere on more than one occasion.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The original Netscape business model was to give a limited but still very functional version of the browser away to users for free and then try to entice users to pay for it later through licenses for the full version.

That qualifies them as only slightly less stupid than newspapers, which have been giving their core product away online for free with no plausible plan for extracting money from users.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Where's Boom? We need an official SportsJournalists.com statement of condolence.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Still trying to find the right words for our Bhutto condolence statement. Will get to Netscape once Bhutto is in the can.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's right. Bhutto and Netscape. What will the third be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.