1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I forgot about jury duty today -- how badly am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Nov 30, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The crawl through a tunnel of shit and come out clean on the other side.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

Not sure you want to add perjury to the mix, but I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to federal offenses.

3. What are you worried about, ya foreign bastid?

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

From my experience, if you call and say you're sorry and want to reschedule, they'll be so glad someone's actually going to show up it's no problem.

5. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

It's not like they could prove it, not like you posted about it on an internet message board or anything...

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

Usually, they will let you go the first time so long as you act contrite and don't show them up.

But in the interest of giving you good prison advice, make sure you have cartons of cigarettes so you can make deals in the joint.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i hear the unfiltered smokes are worth more than filters. and don't be gettin' none of that menthol crap.

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

So I show up on a Monday morning for selection.

The judge lets my group of 12 go for the day. "But call back after 5 p.m."

I got a scoop about noon, nailed it and went out to celebrate. I never called the number.

The same fear ran through me. I called the next day - not my number. Next day, not me and again not me.

About two weeks later, I got a $26 dollar check for two days of jury duty with a "Thank You" letter from the county clerk.

It paid for the beers I drank that Monday night. ;D

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It could be worse. You could be in jail in Cuba.

"My name is Ewing! J.R. Ewing!"

Draft saved Draft deleted