1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I forgot about jury duty today -- how badly am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I forgot to call last night to see if I needed to be on jury duty today. I don't know whether I was on the list of those who were supposed to be in today. I don't know if I'm in contempt for court or what. I don't know a lot right now, I'm afraid. Am I completely fucked, like looking at jail time or anything? Did I just fuck my life up for good with a criminal record? I'm starting to think this might be it for me -- is it?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We'll bake you a cake.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, the prisons are overcrowded with guys who blew off jury duty. The good news is you're higher than the child molesters in the prison pecking order.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Better yet...We'll bake you a cake with a file in it.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would call whatever number you forgot to call before, to see whether your number was among those that were supposed to show. If not, you're fine.

That's where I would start. Good luck, man.

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Just make sure you knock the shit out of someone your first day in the yard. Or else everyone is going to think they can take your manhood.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Already did that, and they've changed the message to Friday's jury duty list -- and apparently nobody has to go to jury duty tomorrow. I'm hoping that's what happened today. Otherwise ... hell, maybe I'm overreacting, but ... hell.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Also, while the cake with a file in it might be a good idea, I'd probably eat the fucking thing without realizing it.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're probably helped by the fact that the cops didn't show up at your place already today to take you to court.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm imagining what the inmates are going to do when you tell them what you're in for ... it's not pretty, MM.

Not pretty at all.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, I think Mystery_Meat will be Dead_Meat in the pound-em-in-the-ass state pen he'll be in.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If you go to jail, you'll find out a new meaning of the phrase: Hell in a Cell!

Draft saved Draft deleted