1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I, for one, welcome our new overlords (from ESPN)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 15, 2013.

1. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Meanwhile, FS1 will clearly be the serious show many were hoping for, with highlights and no frills.

Er, I'm sorry, what I meant when I wrote that was tits. And ass. And probably a dancing robot.

http://youtu.be/Xw8o8UFDsVU

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ESPNU is showing Collegiate Bass Fishing.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So far the take on FS1 appears to be lots of yelling, the dancing robot, lots of UFC and lots of tits.

Another contribution to the intellectual standing of America.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fixed ...

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Saturday night/Sunday morning Fox Sports 2 had Aussie Rules and NRL Rugby (the Australian league). Looks like they may be regular things on its schedule, too.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

cant answer for him but if you grew up in the Northeast, especially the NY area, college football was not a popular draw. It wasn't until I went to college that I watched college football with any kind of interest. Even then it took a back seat to the NFL. Compared to the NFL, college football reminds me of Professional Wrestling, lots of stock characters and lots of familiar winners and you just know the whole thing is sketchy as shit.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I grew up in the NY area and always have been an avid college football fan. Army was
    really the only show in town to see live. Saw some pretty one sided match ups including
    game in '72 when Nebraska won 77-7 with Johnny Rogers.

TV wise it was pretty much 1 national game on ABC and ND highlight show on Sunday
    Mornings with Lindsey Nelson... "Both teams exchanged punts so we move to the 4th
    Quarter".

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When did Charissa Thompson get so hot? When she was on Best Damn Sports Show she was just another pretty girl. Now she looks like Heather Locklear's younger sister.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I dunno but the very first shot on the air on FS1 featured her advancing bazooms-first into the camera.

Quelle surprise from that hydraulic-powered shit-fountain of a media empire. Maybe soon they'll start giving us upskirt shots.

That would certainly get MY robot jumping.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. THE biggest thing that annoys me.
    And Charissa Thompson is one of the hottest women on the planet.

Draft saved Draft deleted