1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I First Feared the Message Board Was Us - SE Fired Over Posts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I've got more than 7,500 posts at this site, so obviously I don't remember every single word of each one. But I don't think I've posted anything here that I wouldn't say in a face-to-face conversation, in the same context.

I don't hide behind sock puppets and I don't engage in personal vendettas. I stand up for my values and beliefs, but never insist my opinion is the only one. If someone wants to disagree, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It amazes me how people who love to cherish their reputation as "open-minded" and "free thinkers" can be anything but when someone dares post a desenting opinion.

And, yes, like many others, I've ripped the industry as a whole as well as certain companies/individuals for what I felt were poor decisions. I'm willing to live with the consequences of anything I've said and I hope the editor here is as well. Too often I see people say something and then want to wish it away rather than face the consequences.

2. Have your co-workers heard you express your views on race and homosexuality?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I can't recall many times that it has come up. It's a non-issue.

But, in regard to homosexuality, most everyone I worked with knows where I stand, that I consider it a deviant lifestyle and an abomination. If someone else disagrees, that's fine. That's their right. But it's also my right to hold whatever views I wish without harassment over them.

If you think I'm the only one who feels that way, you really should get out more... or at least watch the news. There are literally millions of people who feel the same way, many more vehemently than I do.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And there are millions who want the address to your cave.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's twue ... it's twue!

[​IMG]

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Once you've defended a massive criminal conspiracy to cover-up child rape, it's child's play to defend Mark.

7. jr/shotglass

Zeke's so bitter over the past crimes, he can't get to the next one to solve.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't worry too much about posting here because I'm not sure that my employer has the patience to sift through all of the perpetually reincarnated pissing matches to read anything that I might have posted.

9. jr/shotglass

Piss on this. :)

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Many days this board reminds me of room full of kindergarteners. I suppose everyone's inner child needs someplace to go.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

What is it with sports editors from Bozeman making headlines?

One of his predecessors is still in prison.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I dunno. Maybe it's kind of like USC quarterbacks in the NFL. I got to meet Jim Welsch and Tim Dumas and both were pretty good guys.

The parent company doesn't have a tremendous amount of resources and it's sort of an out of the way place, so they aren't as likely to get older, veteran guys. The most recent person was quite young.

Other than that, just luck of the draw I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted