1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I figured Yawn out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

He has stock in Master Lock company.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I would seriously like to know of all the threads locked this year, how many he was at least partially responsible for.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If you read that post and blame me, then you're simply not very smart.

As for the happy-trigger locksmiths, that's simply brilliant.

No warnings, no pointing out foul play, just shut the damn thing down and leave everyone to point the finger.

I'm glad you guys aren't cops.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't that the same formula for figuring out OPS?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I repeat, time to send Yawn on a very long vacation.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The best idea is to start a thread just to be a dick to a particular poster. Those who react to Yawn and stalk him are just as bad.

Some wasted no time lobbing grenades in the "why are threads locked?" thread.

Threads aren't locked because of one individual. They're locked because people let the individuals bait them into schoolyard bullcrap.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Excellent post Piotr, and I know that some of that is aimed at me. I'll never say I don't stir things up occasionally. I do.

But others on here have a real problem with admitting what you just suggested. Disagree with them on a post, state something contrary to what they believe or step one inch onto the turf of offending someone (some people here love to be offended, it's obvious) and the shit starts slinging.

It takes two to tango.

I still haven't heard anyone specifically point out the flaw in my first Kennedy post; when there were several others made like it, and yet I'm singled out and it's even suggested that I had some posts removed. Which isn't true.

I actually, again, lauded the man in spite of his criminal past. No one saw that.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A, man.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Starting threads like this is a good way to get yourself eliminated from this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.