1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't know what's worse ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ... that the young woman at the local roller skating rink needed a calculator to figure out my $20 - $12 admission = $8 change, or that she still gave me the wrong change ($12.) ::)

It really shouldn't be a surprise since my state has a graduation rate of less than 50 percent. But jeez.

And yes, I kept the change. They cheated me out of $5 last time I took my daughter there, so I considered it karma.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

... your scenario or going to a roller rink.

3. Hey now, the kid's learning how to skate. Plus, it allowed my wife to watch her football game in piece. Now it's time for barbecue, drinking beer and watching football - and the kid's petered out.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

All right, I'll give you that.

Actually, it's solid your kid will learn how to skate, no one ever taught me and it has caused lifelong embarrassment.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I never learned how to skate, and after falling down dozens of times on roller skates, roller blades and ice skates, I've yet to lace up another pair.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I think this is my favorite part of the story. Are there more of your kind running around the US?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One peace or two??

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Dammit, w-b broke his wife again.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Would you like a Fresca with that, AB?

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Dammit, Moddy, I didn't even see that.

11. Dammit. Looks like I need to go back to school and continue my education.

12. Probably not. I'm one of a kind. :) Plus, if we don't leave the house during game time the kid picks up new curse words from mom.

Draft saved Draft deleted