1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't know how to swallow this because I worshiped Dr. J when I was young.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Dec 18, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Larry Bird's daughter is an absolute and total bitch, who used what her father did to get away with shit around the Terre Haute area for years (to the point that her own sorority sisters couldn't stand her anymore). I have so little sympathy for that woman. [/formerHautean]

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Yeah. As if there aren't lots of parents who've raised absolute total bitches.

Keyword "raised"

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Somehow that doesn't make me like Larry Bird more.

If anything, I like him less.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I love Tom Friend, and he did a great job with this.

But I'll never understand why celebs feel the need to make these deeply personal and private stories so public. It makes me sad (even though we'd be out of business if celebs didn't want to tell these stories, but still...)

As for Bird, total dirtbag who openly refused to contact that daughter, and I cannot imagine what her young life was like living in that area. She gets a pass from me.

5. sportschick

Don't believe everything you read about Larry and his daughter, Luggie.

Yea, he fucked up when she was a child, but her mother spent years poisoning her against her father, and then she used dad for his money when they reconnected.

She's a pretty foul creature, made that way by parents and their stupidity.

And Chee, just go away already.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't want to give anything away, but the chick in the Crying Game is a guy.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Obama's job just got a little tougher... Barkley has sparked international tensions by elbowing that guy from Angola...

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware they'd reconnected. I thought he was still pretending she didn't exist.

There's a story. Paging Tom Friend....

But no matter how awful the daughter is, I just can't feel good about Bird.

9. sportschick

Well, he paid her way through school and bought her a new car while she was in school.

And yea, he's an asshole for what he did to her.

I will allow that my view of this is colored by having class with Corrie and running around with one of her sorority sisters for a coupla years.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Look, the guy didn't know about Sammy Baugh, all right? He's paid the price here. No need to hit him in the face.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They'll have to create a new internet to cover the bandwith if Tom Friend decides to write about Shawn Kemp.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't know how to tell you all this, but Kurt Cobain killed himself.

Take a minute.

Draft saved Draft deleted