1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't even know how to title this one...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After the Oklahoma City bombing it was pointed out to me by a couple of people that I bore a striking resemblance to the guy in the John Doe sketch.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Same here! Weird. People thought I looked like him and I lived in Central Florida at the time. Two random people told me that while walking around the day he was on the loose.

(That's not my picture on the left.)

I think he had one of those faces where if you were somewhat dark skinned with dark hair, you kind of looked like him.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My father actually jokingly called me "Andrew" a couple of times.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That made me laugh REALLY hard.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, people were very freaked out by that one, too.

I know one of the firemen who responded to the crash. The goofball even stole some of the police tape from the scene as a souvenir.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My wife bore a facial resemblance to that British nanny who killed the baby she was watching in Massachusetts about 10 years ago.

During the trial, my wife would actually have people come up to her to ask if she was the nanny. My wife would point out that she had a lot longer hair than the nanny.

7. I was in DC one day meeting a friend for lunch who works at the Smithsonian. As I walked in, several people did double takes, like they recognized me.

My sister-in-law told me later that I bear a strong resemblance to the then-governor of Maryland, especially when I wear glasses.

No, not any of the ones who were arrested! ;D

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Martin Brodeur, Scott Weiland, Keifer Sutherland and Ricky Shroeder - I've heard all of them, but none of them have every killed anyone.
    That I know of.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

If that's you in your side sig, I just don't see it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

The picture of the Facebook Killer in court made him look a lot like a guy I was working with at the time, except the hair was different. Different state, but we still had fun harassing him about that for a week or two (the co-worker, not the killer).

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

When I lived in Seattle in the 90s the paper had one of those Crimestoppers ads with a photo of a bank robber taken from the surveillance footage. Guy looked exactly like me...Slayer shirt and all. My boss [jokingly] threatened to turn me in so he could collect the reward. When I pointed out that I was at work when the bank robbery took place he said he would just alter my time card. :D

I think I still have that page from the paper in a box somewhere. I'll post it if I come across it in the next few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted