1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I don't care what anyone else says, CANADA DOES NOT SUCK

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Damn, I go up there last year -- blast it over a thread -- and get only a handful of PM's from JR (helpful PM's but he's the only province heard from). And you offer to buy the young'in a beer, HC.

Ouch. :(

Self-pity aside, Toronto is a great city, one of my favorite cities in North America. The people are great, there's plenty to do and it has a great enough variety of restaurants to satisfy even my finicky then-12-year-old.

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

All I gotta say is, Coffee Crisps rule.
    That is all.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey ... we tried! Honest!!

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

What is it with sj members and their love of Coffee Crisp bars? That is the third person that is in love with them. I can see why though...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Slappy, any time you want some Coffee Crisp, you just let me know. I'll even throw in a tin of Tim Hortons coffee.

7. Cansportschick

I am trying to get off of Tim's Coffee now. I need to go to a Tim's Anonymous meeting. ::)

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Been on holiday since June 29 and I haven't had a Tims since then and remarkably, I'm holding up well. There's one a five-minute walk from the house but I'll make a pot of President's Choice Great Canadian in the morning and that takes care of my fix.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Meh, I don't even like Tim's anymore. And you know that's bad coming from an ex-Pat Maritimer.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I spent the last week on PEI.....it's still great. Fortunately we arrived on the last day of the lobster season, and my uncle being a lobsterman......I had all I could eat, and I can eat a lot. I pretty much spent the week eating lobster, mussels, oysters, fries&gravy, Tim's and Mr.Big bars.

On tuesday we decided to get some oysters.....so we drove to the packing plant, we figured $25 would get us enough, it certainly did...........a bag of 100 Malpeque Bay oysters for $25!

11. Cansportschick

PEI is really known for their spuds. FYI: Don't go to Peak's Quay if you are looking for a bar. Rudest people I have come across and ask my balding friend for ID because they thought that he was on the bar banned list. Idiots did not realize he was from NS not PEI. Worst place on earth.

Not even the cover band Shameless could help their reputation that night.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is Myron's still in Charlottetown?

Draft saved Draft deleted