1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Mercedes Ruehl was the undercover cop in the park/in The Warriors.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bud Shrake was one of the sodbusters killed by the gang led by the creepy Death Wish III guy in Lonesome Dove. (RIP Jake Spoon).
    And Margo Martindale played the "lady" who deflowered Newt.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Watching TV a couple weeks ago, I happened upon the ending of Men in Black 3, and for the first time I realized the guy who was manning the beach during the rocket launch was Mike Coulter, the future Luke Cage of the Netflix show.

EDIT: Had a change of heart on the spoiler.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of Death Wish, Jeff Goldblum was in the original as one of the criminals who does the home invasion that launches Charles Bronson's vigilante career.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lawrence Fishburne was a hoodlum in DWII.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Tim Russ (who played Cmdr. Tuvok on Star Trek Voyager) was the guy who shouts "we ain't found shit" in Spaceballs. I'm watching Voyager reruns and my wife thought he played someone in a recent show and I stumbled across that.

7. albert777

albert777 Active Member

My wife and I had a movie night this past Saturday and we watched Tombstone, which I had never seen in it entirety. I did not know, until the credits rolled, that Charleton Heston had a cameo as the rancher where Wyatt Earp dropped Doc Holiday before riding for the showdown with Johnny Ringo, which Doc gets off his sickbed to hijack. As an aside, Tombstone reaffirmed what I've always known to be true: Dana Delany is/was one of the single most gorgeous women in the world.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

On the other hand, I thought Dana Delany disappointed greatly in "Tombstone," to the point of being horribly miscast.

Kurt Russell was excellent and carried the movie, but seemed to me like he and Delany never really sparked. ... YMMV.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watching "Almost Famous" over the weekend. Eric Stonestreet of Modern Family has a brief role as hotel desk clerk.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

No offense, but Dana Delaney is a 6. Still, I had a huge crush on her when she was in China Beach, and I think part of it is that she seemed attainable.

11. albert777

albert777 Active Member

Yeah, that probably has a lot to do with why I think she's fine. I must say, though, Tombstone showed her at her best.

Draft saved Draft deleted