1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mila Jovovich was also in 'Married with Children' as the French exchange student.

Also, Ari's wife in 'Entourage' was Frank the Tank's wife in 'Old School.'

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

She appears topless in the classic mid-90s college film "Kicking & Screaming" (not the Will Ferrell movie of the same name).

3. Guiermo Del Toro was in an episode of Its Always Sunny... He was Pappy McPoyle.

[​IMG]

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Two I realized from today...

Toby Huss, who played John Bosworth on Halt and Catch Fire, not only played Elaine's boyfriend who was The Wiz on Seinfeld but also voiced Cotton Hill and Kahn Souphanosaphone on "King of the Hill." Those I found on Google.

The one I recognized tonight watching Lethal Weapon 2 was Dean Norris, Breaking Bad's Hank, as one of the cops in Riggs and Murtaugh's division.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He also had a bit part in Starship Troopers as the base commander when they're in basic training.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I caught the beginning of The Terminator tonight and noticed a couple of familiar faces in an early scene. I think we already talked about Bill Paxton playing one of the punks the Terminator meets when he first arrives in 1984, if not here then on the RIP thread. But I noticed the one who got his heart ripped out by the Terminator was Brian Thompson, who has made long career out of playing second-rate tough guys. That was actually one of his first roles.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Found a list of some good ones in comic book movies.

Octavia Spencer played the woman who signs Peter Parker up for the wrestling match in Spider-Man. Lucy Lawless also had a cameo, wearing a wig and makeup that made her tough to recognize as one of the people in the man-on-the-street interviews.

I remember Lou Ferrigno showing up as a security guard in The Incredible Hulk. I didn't know the actor who played Stan the pizza shop owner, Paul Soles, provided the voice for the Hulk in The Marvel Superheroes Show in 1966. I also didn't realize the character's full name was Stanley Lieber, Stan Lee's real name.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just watched "State of Play." The bit-part, paid-off waitress/party girl is the mom on "American Housewife," who also was the GF on "Eastbound and Down."

9. And a solid six for a full(er) figured woman.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Edie Falco has a non-speaking, bit part as a bomb squad NYPD cop in "Cop Land", which I just watched again today and is a very entertaining movie.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Rewatching Band of Brothers, just realized that Andrew Scott, who had a huge breakthrough as a manic Moriarty on the Cumberbatch version of Sherlock, was the young soldier (Hall) who was killed storming the guns at Breton Court in episode two.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy were in Band of Brothers as well.

Killick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted