1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Didn't Know What DTGDTN Meant So I Googled It

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The first item was Boot's "Turning Down A Romp In The Hay" thread.

Even Google knows about Boots.

Interesting.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The Google is omniscient.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So, did you figure it out?

You could have PM'ed. I once had to tell AlleyAllen what ATM stood for.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I still don't know what it means, and I've wondered for some time. But I don't care enough to google it.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Delete This Goddamn Thread Now!!!"

I started it back in the old Sportspages.com days, when we began being overrun by multiplicitous pro wrestling threads every day. In an attempt to stamp out the creeping scourge, I started posting it in every wrestling thread, and it began to gain wider usage.

In more recent years, the wrestling threads have tapered off to just minor and occasional annoyances, and the participants usually keep the mat blather self-contained, so I don't bother anymore. But, for a while there, the board was just peppered with 'em. ::) ::)

6. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I thought that I'd quietly Google it so I wouldn't seem like an idiot, only to start a thread about it, thereby confirming that I am indeed an idiot.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Here's some other terms I recommend doing the google and then report your findings back here:

Assclown
    Fnord
    LOL (probably brings back Casty)
    Reese Witherspoon
    Hi Sandy
    Tahoe

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm going to be doing the google with Reese Witherspoon -- and you can't stop me!

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The "hi sandy" sounds like some sort of disgusting act that tubgirl and the goatse dude would engage in were they to ever meet.

Draft saved Draft deleted