1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I despise the NFL ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

... and everything it stands for. Your thoughts?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not-so-clever poster.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Communist.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Must be a Brit. Go buy some toothpaste, bloke.

5. Clever username

No, I'm quite fairly certain I was born in the U.S. Unless my parents lied to me. Regardless, I've just grown weary of 19-13 field goal-fests.

That and I'm a Bills fan. Is it wrong to hope your team's starting quarterback plays horribly and the team wins two games so they have a chance at drafting Brady Quinn?

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That explains a lot.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sick of the NFL, also.
    I don't mind a 19-13 game. I'd rather watch a 7-3 well played game than 42-38 garbage-fest.
    My real problem with the NFL is the bloated, hyperbolic marketing.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

My thought is that you suck.

9. Clever username

Well-played is the key. I'm not questioning the athleticism or any of that of NFL players, but too many games over the past few years, at least that I've seen, have gotten bogged down with 4-yard run after 4-yard run. It's painful to watch. And anyone who claims the NFL is so much more fast-paced than baseball, consider the 40 seconds between plays. Forty seconds filled with six different replay angles of Cadillac Williams running off-tackle for 4 yards and then five seconds of action and 40 more seconds of replays sponsored by Budweiser.

That and the overkill on the marketing as you mentioned. They try to make it seem like you're un-American if you're not sitting on your couch on Sundays for 10-12 straight hours of football. I used to be one of those people. I just can't do it anymore.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

11. Clever username

I've been posting on these boards for three days now, and I've already run afoul of DyePack three times. I'm not sure what that means, but I certainly find it interesting.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So don't sit on your couch for 10-12 hours, dude. I'm a huge fan, and I rarely watch an entire tripleheader uninterrupted. There's more to a Sunday than the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted