1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Come to Like Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 6, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Seriously, how can you vote for someone who has a picture put out there showing the soles of their shoes?

Nothing ticks me off like stupid photography.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, ha ha hah, she's ugly, ha ha. Hilarious.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm old enough that this all seems ungentlemanly to me.

Her comment was about a choice Brown made. Brown's comment was about her physical appearance.

When was the last time you heard a candidate of any party for any office mock another candidate's looks?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That wasn't my point DD. I had no idea what she looked like. I just liked the response.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hence the saying, "I wouldn't hit that with Elizabeth Warren's dick"

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jesus, Obama, have a PR person give this lady a call. She should win this thing in her sleep.

From wiki...

Elizabeth Warren was born Elizabeth Herring in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the daughter of middle class parents Pauline and Donald Herring.[7] When Warren was twelve, her father had a heart attack, which led to a pay cut, excessive medical bills, and eventually the loss of their car. Her mother went to work answering phones at Sears and Warren worked as a waitress.[8] She graduated from Northwest Classen High School in 1966 and attended George Washington University on a scholarship, where she was on the debate team. At that time, most scholarships were athletic scholarships for men, and there were few women on the debate team. At 19, she married Jim Warren; they divorced in 1979.[9] She graduated from the University of Houston in 1970 with a degree in speech pathology and audiology, and worked with children who had suffered brain injuries.[10][11][12] Warren went on to study law at the Rutgers School of Law–Newark, where she served as an editor of the Rutgers Law Review, and was one of two female summer associates at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft's Wall Street office.[13] She received her Juris Doctor in 1976. After law school, Warren worked from home, writing wills and doing real estate closings for walk-in clients.[9]

Warren is married to Bruce Mann, a legal historian and law professor also at Harvard Law School. She has a daughter, Amelia Warren Tyagi, with whom she has coauthored two books and several articles, and a son, Alexander Warren. She has taught Sunday School and cites Methodist founder John Wesley as an inspiration.[3]

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its a snarky response that again goes to a lowest denominator, cannot talk (or think about something substantive), make fun of their appearance!!

Yeah I'll vote for him/her because they're the better looking one.

Sucks what this country pays attention to in selecting people who shape their world.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Then you liked it for different reasons than Scott Brown uttered it. It was an attempt to seem jockish and masculine on another episode of Small Dick Radio, USA, which is a program airing in almost every market these days. Warren -- whether you loathe her politics or not -- is probably one of the smartest people in the whole damn country, so it would be interesting to actually hear the two of them debate issues like taxation and wealth imbalance. But the go-to quip for meatheads everywhere when sizing up a female politician is "That is one ugly broad" and Brown played right into that for cheap laughs. He knows exactly what Warren looks like, and that's why he said it. Now, it was moronic of the debate moderator to ask Warren about his beefcake shots in the first place, because who gives a shit, but sadly that's political theatre in this country.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You'd vote for a guy because he came up with a fairly lame quip days after the fact? Not really getting the love for this at all.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't vote for him because of the quip. But I'm not really outraged. She took the first shot. He took a zing back. If he did it without her taking a shot, yeah, it's out of line. But she went there first. In the end, it's all harmless. America really does need to learn to take a joke; just not one as big as Herman Cain.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Leave it to Moddy to start another political thread...

C'mon Moddy, if a republican says it, it's not funny. You should have learned that after all those years on this board... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted