1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can't Believe I Ate Fast Food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, the fast food (I'm finding out) I can do without. But give up soda, Cran? Now you're talking crazy. :p

Wait a minute, Cosmo. There's someplace called "Sheetz"? Isn't that, like... foreshadowing? "Give us $1.99 and we'll give you the Sheetz!"

Ugh. Haven't been there in 4-5 months. Don't plan on returning anytime soon, either. Sacrilege, I know, for a Cincinnatian, but that stuff just sits in your gut like a brick.

And, Grimace? Bring it on! :D

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've cut back on the burgers and fries and such, and I've dropped about 10 pounds since Christmas, but I still loves me some Crack in the Box. I'll still go through there a couple of times a week. No soda, though ... tea for me.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Lately, I've been trying to stay away from anything with high fructose corn syrup, too, but when you start looking at labels it's real difficult to find stuff without it.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Go with the diet stuff. I go for the occasional Pepsi, but my mainstay is diet Sprite, 7-Up, Sierra Mist, or diet Mountain Dew if I still want the caffeine. Actually, the taste really isn't the hook for me. I miss the carbonation when I go without for a while.

5. cranberry

The carbonation was key for me, too. I moved to seltzer with a splash of oj or cranberry. And beer, lots of beer.

6. cranberry

Speaking of fast food, Bandwagon Boy was all over the Denny's promotion:

FREE BREKFAST AT DENNIES!!!
    « Result #7 on Feb 3, 2009, 4:31pm »
    I cant wait to go and get my FREE Grandsalam Brekfest at Dennies! THIS IS GOING TO RuLE SO BAD!! There are like 4 Dennies arround here!! So whitch one do you think I will go to for my FREE BREKFEAST!! The answer = ALL OF THEM!! I am not a foole yo we talking FREE!! BREKFAST!

You ever seen one of them Grandsalams! It is FULL of food yo! Eggs! Backon! French toast! Sasages! Pannycakes! Englesh muffens! Hasbrowns! Homefreis! Flappjacks! Toast! All in a big pile on you plate what more coould annyone ever want from they life! I usely pour a big glob of mappel serryup all over it and some ketchup onto there too for the MOST AWESOMEST BREAKFEAST YOU EVERY HAD!! I am not eating at all the rest of today! Just to get set to go and get my FOUR FREE BREKFEASTES tomorrow!!

I ahve it all planed out I will get up at 5 in the morning and go to the first one! Then I will eat my HEAD off of food! And then drive to the next one it is only like two towns over I will get there by like 9! And eat ANOTHER WHOLE GRANDSALAM FOR FREE!!! By then it will be like 10 so I will have to drive real fast over to Pindlyville about 40 miles for my NEXT FREE FOOD!! And then I will have to eat that one real quick to make it to the one out on the 37 that is in the Muddy Holler Mall!! And eat ANOTHER one! FREE!!!

FREE yo!! What is better then FREE! The answer = NOTHING!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AWESOME!!

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I can't really live without soda in my life. But when I feel overloaded on the HFCS, I try to drink only Hansen's root beer or ginger ale because it doesn't contain any HFCS, sodium or preservatives. (Unfortunately, no caffeine either.) Tastes great, because it's got real cane sugar in it. I recommend it.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I gave up soda pop pretty easily, though I drink a ton of coffee, so I still get my caffeine.

The only soda pop I drink is root beer when I eat out, but I never buy soda pop at work anymore or drink it at home.

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I go check his board out once in a while. Makes me laugh..

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Wish I could drink more coffee instead of soda, but my stomach doesn't settle whenever I have too much or have it too early. Don't know why.

Need a caffeine fix, though.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

DENNIES = LYINg FAT JERKS!!!!
    « Thread Started Yesterday at 12:51pm »
    WHAT THE HELL!! FOUR Dennies and NONE would give me my FREE grandsalam breakfest! NONE!! Do you know how gotdamn hungary I was! A LOT THATS HOW!! THEY SAID ON THE SUPPER BOWLE FREE BREAKFEST! !WHERE THE HELL IS MY FREE BREAKFEST!!! WHERE!! I DONT GOT ONE!! WHERE IS IT!!

This is a jipp and a crime and I am going to make them PAY!! They wont get away with this trickering and lying!! At the thrid and foureth ones I played them a trick after they LYED and said it was yessterday not today! I put a hair onto my plate when I got done eating my grandsalam and then told them it was theyres! So they had to give it to me FREE annyways!! I was so gotdamn starving and mad you wouldent belief it!1 And then at the 4th one I did the old dinendash to teach them even more of a lessen! YOU DONT LIE TO ME AND MAKE ME GET ALL STARVED AND DRIVE ALL ARROUND FOR NOTHING AND NOT GIVE ME MY FREE FOOD!! Annyone who trys that will PAY!!

Its they OWN fault for LYING to me! I dident make them LIE like that! THeYRE FAULT! Not mine!

I still should of got FOUR free breakfests instead of onley two! So I was STILL ripped off BAD! I will figgure out more tricks to play on them to get even! I am all about teaching people lessens! Thats how I role yo! You dont play with ME bucko! I ALLWAYS WIN!!

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted