1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Can't Believe I Ate Fast Food

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I can't remember the last time I went to a fast-food burger place.

I'll usually go to somewhere like Panera Bread, or put in a to-go order at a sushi restaurant.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

brown weed? do you live in mexico?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Culver's is actually good. Only place I can get brisket around here, and that's just on Wednesdays.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I had a Big Mac and fries tonight.

The food was delightful. Well, before it went down the pipe and felt like a fucking brick was lodged in my midsection.

The good part? It'll be drowning slowly off the coast and headed nowhere soon enough.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Haha. Yes. Now you doubly hate what I eat.

But "ew" to fish? Come on. Some fish is good. It stinks when you cook it, but it's damn good.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I hate McDonalds/BK/Wendys/Taco Bell, but I'm always at Sonic for Happy Hour, Steak and Shake for the shakes (I think the burgers suck), and at Arbys for roast beef. I tried Krystals for the first time last week and it blows. For my burger fix, nothing can remotely touch grilling - even on a George Foreman in my shitty apartment.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can eat shellfish (love lobster and shrimp) but hate fish fish. The texture, the taste, the smell, any of it. Last time I ate even a bite of it (probably 15-20 years ago) I puked before I could even swallow it.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Since our office is on top of a shopping mall, the temptation to turn to fast food is greater than normal. It doesn't help that the only things open after 9 p.m. are Burger King and Popeye's.

I'd like to think, though, that I work in enough pasta and rice dishes to counteract the occasional Doner Kebab

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

same here. i've probably eaten mcd's/bk stuff twice in the past decade, both times when i was still a sports writer covering something in a remote outpost and starving late at night.

don't miss it at all.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm never giving up fast food as long as Chick-Fil-A is in the genre. Hey, they've got Coke Zero (why the hell doesn't anyone else?), so it's pretty much healthy, right?

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Chick-Fil-A is among the healthiest fast food you can find, actually.
    http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Restaurant-Report-Kids/10.php
    Of course, if you slather everyhting in mayo, not so much.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bump, because after about two months of the only fast food I've eaten being an Arbys ham sandwich, I was in a hurry yesterday and got a quarter-pounder with fries. It's been easily three months since I've hit McDonalds. Today, I'm paying for it. All sorts of gastrointestinal mayhem going on inside of me.

Fuck McDonalds.

And, anybody got a gas mask I can borrow?

Draft saved Draft deleted