1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I cannot believe Breaking Bad doesn't get more SJ love

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A couple other thoughts:
    1) Nice twist with the opening. I kept thinking the kid was going to get caught in the crossfire.
    2) Loved Walt telling the big kahuna that he was cautious -- and then leaving the drug cellphone turned on in class. Way to go, Mr. White.
    3) It's interesting that neither Jesse nor Walt really have any idea of what's going on with their operation outside of cooking the meth.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I loved that scene when Jesse was floating. Awesome.

I agree, I missed Hank too.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Another good episode tonight. The season finale is next week. I guess we'll find out about the body bags and all that other stuff then.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think we can scratch off one of the theories about who was in them.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Best episode of that show I've seen. It just continues to amaze.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Since three of the four fans of this show seem to have checked in, I think we can let fly with the spoilers.
    Do you think Walt just didn't know what to do with Jane, how to help her? Or in that instant did he think about how much trouble she could cause (and had caused) and let her meet her fate?

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Good question. It would have been so easy to just turn her over so she didn't choke.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

He consciously made the decision to let her go.
    It was the only logical choice.

9. Bubbler

Definitely the latter.

His instinct was to move to the other side of the bed to turn her over, thought it over, and let her croak. Hardcore to the max and the absolute right move to make if you're Walter as she was a major problem.

That's what I love about this show. I always put myself in Walter's head. Am I more or less Machiavellian than he is?

Along those lines, he's a dumbass for trying to be a father figure to Jesse as inferred at the end of the episode. He's got someone else to sell his meth, just cook it yourself and cut Jesse out. What does he add to the operation now?

And did anyone think it was just random chance that he met up with Jane's father in a bar? I wonder whether Jane's dad had an eye on the house from the time he confronted her about her heroin use.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Walt could have easily slipped Jessie an OD, eliminated a significant burden, and walked away a half mil richer.

And I doubt that meeting at the bar was random.

11. Bubbler

Damn straight. Jesse adds nothing to his situation at present.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I will admit that I was urging him to go ahead and do it (to Jessie) -- although I knew full well he wouldn't.

Expect Jane's father to become a major pain in the ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted