1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I can take it if you can."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jan 3, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Because she disagrees with Drew Carey.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Because she found out she's not good enough to work for the Plain Dealer.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ace just screamed and doesn't know why...

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"We're out of towels!"

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I've found the quote section of some movies on imdb more unreliable than Wikipedia. It's a good place for jogging the memory, but buyer beware, in terms of accuracy.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder if local newspapers are hoping to move to Florida. I know I've wanted to ask the publisher du jour what exactly IS our concept?

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Dickie Dunn said they are.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've only found that a couple times. Of course, Wikipedia is pretty much completely factual anyway.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dickie actually advises against it. He thinks there are a lot of shysters in Florida.

Great thread. I saw this movie again just recently (unedited, thank goodness) and almost started a thread claiming "Major League" owns "Bull Durham," just owns its ass.

Of course, the critics all love "Bull Durham." Personally, I think we got hosed on that call.

My favourite exchange not involving Bob Uecker was between Jake and Lynn's new boyfriend. I love it for the simple reason that I never saw it coming, with all the fake niceties that had preceded it, and I just about shit as they paused at the door and spoke their final words to each other.

Boyfriend: "Stay away from her."

Jake: "Suck my dick."

Classic. :D

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I like Major League much, much more than Bull Durham. Tho BD is probably a better movie, and Susan Sarandon pwns Rene Russo.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You forgot the blue font, right? And even if you didn't, it's either pretty much factual or it's completely factual. Tip: It's not the latter.

Draft saved Draft deleted