1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am the next contestant on ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by donnie23, Mar 20, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I always loved the Clock Game, where you're rattling off prices. "Higher" "Higher" "Higher" "Lower"

2. One thing I always wondered Donnie was how heavy is the wheel because you'd see buff guys really give it a rip and frail women barely make it budge.

3. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I was worried about that myself. I was so nervous when I first saw it that I actually forgot for a second from which side you spin it.

It's actually not all that heavy. It has huge metal handles welded onto the side, so I reached high and grabbed two and put my body into bringing it down. I think it went around twice, but I was just watching for it to slow down and, on the second spin, reaching over to Bob's mic to say hi to my family at home. And the two chicks behind me were both tiny things and they got the wheel going without a problem.

Lemme tell you, though: standing under your total and watching the next two people spin was as nerve-wracked as I've been in a long time (and I guess considering some of the awful stuff I've read about folks around SportsJournalists.com going through, that's a good thing.)

Remembering that I would be able to spin the wheel was what made me feel better about losing the car.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You should share this story with Xylena Sanders. :D

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

That's awesome you got to spin the wheel ... you want to talk about a piece of Americana. I think it's more famous than the Wheel of Fortune Wheel. When it's all said and done it'll be in the Smithsonian.

By the way, did I hear that Bob's retiring soon, or did I make that up? If so, that's another cool thing to hang your hat on ... that you got on with him and not Tom Kennedy or some-such douche.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

When I was a kid my dad had a Playboy with Dian Parkinson in it. That was phenomenal.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have both of Dian's Playboy appearances and her Playboy video. All phenomenal.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It was the first time I had seen someone naked who I normally saw with her clothes on. That certainly added to it.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

We have a spill on this thread. :D

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Congratulations, donnie. You have achieved one of my life's dreams.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Clean up aisle 4....

12. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Totally one of mine as well, IJAG. And it lived up to whatever expectations I could have attached to it.

And Satchmo, my trip was prompted by the fact that Bob is retiring in June. In consideration to replace him are George Hamilton (strangely, that could work) and Mario Lopez (HELL NO, SLATER WILL NOT BRING BAYSIDE TO THE PRICE IS RIGHT), among others.

As for the rest of this model talk, it is clearly a threadjackoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted