1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am thankful....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn you ... and your little WI, too. :D

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

and to think, I still get shit, despite six Grammys in '83.

[​IMG]

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Rosanna" and "Africa" off that album would have been well worth the compilation CD, never mind the other gems on it (except for a ballad or two which stunk). An underrated group and Jeff Porcaro was a pretty good percussionist.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I am thankful ... for my loving wife. It only seemed like forever to find her, but she made it well worth the wait. A keeper in every way possible. There's no one else quite like her.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck. I grew up watching the Knicks. Although, they were good in the 90s. Not that good, but watchable good.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm thankful we're going over to my parents house today for Thanksgiving. They just got back in their house this week about two years, three months after Katrina. I'm thankful for all the volunteers who helped my dad get back in shape and the doctor who successfully put then stint in my dad's heart piping a month back. I'm also thankful for my new wife, who, yes I'll say it, completes me.

Check back with me in a couple of hours to see if I'm thankful for successfully making my mom's cornbread dressing recipe and a corn casserole recipe from a wedding gift recipe book. C'mon Long Beach Methodist women!

7. I'm thankful for my wife, who has somehow gotten hotter since we got married, while I only get fatter and balder. And I'm thankful, I suppose, to have a job that doesn't appear to be in immediate jeopardy.
    And I'm thankful that my family, most of which is celebrating today hundreds of miles away from my current home, is healthy.
    Cliche? Yep. But, hey, it beats the alternative sometimes.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's some good fucking work there. Well done.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I have so much to be thankful for, but I am wasteful. It makes today somewhat rueful, wistful, peppered with self-flagellation. I've thrown a couple babies out with bathwater, and I don't have that many more hands to play, results of being hardwired for child-like short-term gratification and a manic-depressive personality. Consistency is my bead of mercury.

Still, I am so grateful for the wonderful, varied journalism career I have carved for myself, and it is difficult to type about my wife and babies. Tears well up immediately. I hope I don't leave them loaded for bear to write some movie of the week. But that's up to me. So, we'll see.

Dear friends here, have a wonderful, rejuvenating, placid day.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I know I'm up in Canuckistan and we did our T-giving last month but I'd like to chime in.

I'm thankful for the friends -- whether they be real life or cyber -- who helped me deal with 2006 and a few rough patches in 2007.

You can only get yourself out of a hole but the people close to you make you realize you can do it.

Some kick you in the head harder than others, but God bless 'em for it.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I feel like utter, complete crap but reading this thread makes me appreciate the eloquence with which others articulate their joy.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm thankful work will be over in an hour and a half and I can start in on that six of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat that I purchased especially for the holiday.

Draft saved Draft deleted