1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am so damn fat ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Weekly weigh in?

I'd need to get a scale, but a little friendly competition might help keep us on track. It doesn't even have to be a competition, just an incentive to keep one another motivated.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd be into that, too.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But with the cloak of anonymity with the lot of us, how would we do that?

4. We would just report in every week about how much we lost and how we did it. Honor system. Hopefully the incentive of reporting a significant loss would drive us throughout the week ...

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

George: Alright, now, how are we gonna monitor this thing?

Jerry: Well, obviously, we all know each other very well, I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

6. I'm out

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what others feel about it.

Hell, I'll start a poll (hi, PhilaYank! :D)

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I will post a picture of my weekly weight loss as written down in my Weight Watchers book.

9. I don't think it's necessary. I mean, it's a cliche, but cheating would mean cheating yourself.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I am trying to get back into decent shape as well. I'm not fat, but I can't recall the last time my upper body was this scrawny. It sucks. Good luck to all with their efforts. It's like writing a story...the lede is the hardest, but once you have some momentum, it gets less difficult.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, but I just got a digital camera. I want an excuse to use it!

12. In that case, we want daily reports.

Also, some of us would have more weight to lose than others. So, it really wouldn't work as a competition, just as an incentive.

Draft saved Draft deleted