1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am new here but I get the feeling most of you are print and not electronic?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigugly, Oct 4, 2006.

1. bigugly

bigugly Member

Is this correct? Is there are reason more electronic media don't associate here or at least don't discuss electronic issues?

I must admit that I am enjoying so much print stuff, but just wondering.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: I am new here but I get the feeling most of you are print and not electronic

The electronic media folks are entirely welcome. Most of them can't read or write, is all. ;)

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

From the Good Laugh thread in this section.... but kinda fitting on this thread.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

We have both -- I'm in the online biz -- but it's much more print, yes.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'm in the online biz as well, but done plenty of print. You can find what you want here either way. And in five years, I would expect a lot more of our print brothers and sisters will have joined the revolution, which is partly being televised.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

BTW, Klee, that's a spectacular Casablanca reference you've got there. Keep up the good work.

``Rick, you despise me, don't you?''
    ``Well, if I gave you any thought I probably would.''

7. slipshod

slipshod Member

Well, the electronic and print are blending now, but us old-time print types always considered ourselves more professionally pure than our electronic bretheren, mainly because we were paid less and are uglier.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

True, a lot more print than fagTV media here. ;D

(I exclude radio because they're just as slobby as us.)

But any and all are welcome. This is sportsjournalists.com, not slobbyalcoholics.com. We pitch a big tent here.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just ignore the trolls . . . you'll be happier.

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Re: I am new here but I get the feeling most of you are print and not electronic

The only tent I pitch is the piss hard-on one when I wake up in the morning. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted