1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am entertained beyond belief at the moment...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Nov 14, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. But then he didn't know, "What cartoon character was famous for saying, 'Be wery, wery quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.' "

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen some pretty dumb people on game shows. You would think they'd be embarassed.
    I saw a contestant on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' guess the wrong number of strings typically found on a guitar.
    I saw another contestant guess that Little Jack Hoerner stuck his thumb in a pie and pulled out a blackbird.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd miss that one too. I don't know who could say the 'r's in "wery" but not in "rabbits."

Now, if the question was who said 'Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.' I'd know it was Elmer Fudd.

And Buck: I have no idea how many strings are on a guitar.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, I am guessing this is the game show for you, not Jeopardy. The guy got 15 chances before they kicked him off the stage. If you don't know the answer to the question you can pass (twice), until you get a question you think you know the answer to. Even with that, you have to miss five questions to lose. When he pulled the eliminator card (or whatever they called it), he didn't automatically lose. When he got the eliminator card question wrong, he didn't lose. They gave him a second question, which he had to miss too, in order to finally get the boot. Apparently this is the game show designed to make everyone a winner.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Typically, six.
    Even though I'm a guitar player, I won't hold that against you, IJAG.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't listen to guitars, definitely haven't been super close to one. close enough to count strings.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I learned how to play 'Stairway to Heaven' when I was 16.
    Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 27.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You are better than Jimmy Page!

(I've never heard Stairway to Heaven)

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well, I am guessing this is the game show for you, not Jeopardy. The guy got 15 chances before they kicked him off the stage. If you don't know the answer to the question you can pass (twice), until you get a question you think you know the answer to. Even with that, you have to miss five questions to lose. When he pulled the eliminator card (or whatever they called it), he didn't automatically lose. When he got the eliminator card question wrong, he didn't lose. They gave him a second question, which he had to miss too, in order to finally get the boot. Apparently this is the game show designed to make everyone a winner.
    [/quote]

Perfect let's send all the youth soccer kids there so they can all receive a trophy after absolutely sucking on the pitch.

10. joe

joe Active Member

Unless that geetar be a bass, whichun then theys four. Or, two for Morphine fans. RIP Mark Sandman.

11. And then they all returned to the Bag o' Hammers for a pint.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You have got to be making that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted