1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am above the rules if it's my religion...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

I never said you did.
    See, I can have discussion with you when you don't insult and stay civil.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Try real hard to hide your condescending attitude and just state your point.

That's all that's needed to have a "discussion." Points.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

And I thought I did state it...
    So much for dealing with you..

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bullshit. If the transit authority's rules state that if other passengers complain it's too loud, then she's in violation of the transit authority's rules. It's only a case of religious freedom because you want it to be.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The rules are posted. The woman obviously thought she was above them. Off she should go.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Not only that, but Pastor would have sent her off to an internment camp for her refusal to claim she's an ancestor of apes.

Otherwise, I think his statement here has been mutually agreed upon.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Since we don't know:

1) how loud she was speaking;

2) how many times she was warned; or

3) how the policy has been applied to others

Isn't this just guessing based on our predisposed notions about religion?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What we do know is she was told to stop and refused, and it sure reads like she gave the driver an attitude. Look at her quotes. Sure sounds to me like she decided the rules don't apply to her as long as she is reading from her bible, which means she deserved to be ejected from the bus.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Webster, we do know that she was warned at least once and her reply was to tell the driver to shove his rules.

We also know that this occurred in Fort Worth, Texas, a place not exactly known for "hating" Christians.

The rest of what you wrote is all correct. However, just a thought... what if it was the Quran that she was reading?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But we don't know if she was asked to stop because of volume, or because of what was being read.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In Fort Worth, Texas, I would doubt that it was the subject matter.

Also, we have this:
    and this
    This second quote leaves out what was said before the bus driver pointed out that it wasn't the right time or place. It is also a quote from the supposedly persocuted woman.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If that quote is correct, then she deserves what happened to her. The woman clearly did not care about the people around her or the posted rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.