1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Always Knew I Was A Victim

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Sep 29, 2014.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The University of Michigan has declared: 1) "withholding sex and affection;" and 2) "discounting the partner's feelings regarding sex," to be forms of sexual violence.

http://hr.umich.edu/stopabuse/resources/definitions.html

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wait, so:

Examples of sexual violence include: discounting the partner's feelings regarding sex; criticizing the partner sexually; touching the partner sexually in inappropriate and uncomfortable ways; withholding sex and affection; always demanding sex; forcing partner to strip as a form of humiliation (maybe in front of children), to witness sexual acts, to participate in uncomfortable sex or sex after an episode of violence, to have sex with other people; and using objects and/or weapons to hurt during sex or threats to back up demands for sex.

So, you can't have sex too much, or too little, but rather an exact yet unspecified amount of times, and if your partner sucks at it, well, just STFU and be unfulfilled.

Sounds like a great plan.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I imagine there's a committee to which one could appeal ... :D

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever had a sexual encounter that did not involve one or more of those examples.

Draft saved Draft deleted