1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I always knew Gilbert was a gunner, but damn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not my call and I think the information about the guns not being loaded is already out there.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

But I thought you had sources? Or are your "sources" those reports already out there?

You have national news and your bosses don't want it? Odd.

3. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Careful, Moddy. I hear Drip has heaters at the ready. He's going to drop it like it's hot, etc.

4. Moderator1

My heater is not ready and it is out of reach. I guess it's my ass.
    But I suspect he's too busy working his sources so he can actually write his national scoop and not post about it here.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

What's odd is that you still don't get it. I just relayed some info that was told to me by someone who has been around the team for a while. It was also pointed out to me that the info may have already been out in a previous or current story or a blog. I also said that it's not my call. I'm busy doing something else at the moment not office related.

6. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I suspect his sources involve Twitter, Google and Facebook.

My sources tell me that my friend Katie is hungover. WITHOUT HEATERS AT THE READY.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't need a heater for Moddy. He's not worth wasting a cap and catching a case. LOL

8. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Fo shizzle.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

No. Actually it was just a phone call between old friends wishing each other well in the new year. It was just a subject that came up in conversation.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I heard Drip's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Gilbert Arenas unload his gun before he pulled it on Crittenton. I guess it's pretty serious.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Running the risk of Drip's attacks, "heater" just means gun. Does not mean loaded. Used to only mean automatic or semi-automatic, has now become a term for any gun.

12. Moderator1

My sources tell me I'm hungry.

IJAG, I think his claim is "at the ready" means loaded. I'd never heard that before but I'm sheltered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.