1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I always knew Gilbert was a gunner, but damn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yeah it was on SC last night. They had a guy on the scene and showed video of all the other players being asked if they knew anything about the guns, and of the PR flak saying "Let's keep the questions about basketball, guys." I laughed.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Chan Ho Park and Chad Kreuter dirt? That's TMZ's best shot? (Pardon the expression)

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

They won't be, and it won't.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You have to be an NBA fan to know who Gilbert Arenas is. He is not an easily recognizable superstar.

You have to be a die-hard NBA fan to even have heard of Crittenton.

This will not become an "enormous crossover story" unless one of them kills the other.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which just may happen.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

still wouldn't draw the mainstream interest of a cheating tiger woods. arenas doesn't garner as much recognition as a tiger fart.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

My sources are telling me that Arena and Crittenton never aimed loaded guns at each other. This has litigation written all over it.

8. Moderator1

Your sources?

No one ever claimed the guns were loaded.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, my sources.

And according to the Post story:
    NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his Washing ton Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned. League sources say the pistol-packing point guards had heaters at the ready inside the Verizon Center, the Washington, DC, home of the Wizards -- whose name was changed from the Bullets over gun-violence concerns. It was the three- time all-star Arenas, 27, who went for his gun first, sources said, drawing on the 22-year-old Crittenton, who quickly brandished a firearm as well.

The term "heaters at the ready" means that the guns were loaded.

10. Moderator1

Interesting - they're the only ones claiming that and I've never heard that term before.
    "Your sources" is laughable but we'll leave it at that.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

You need to get out of your shell a little bit more. It's a fairly common term. And before you snicker my sources, I tend to take the word of someone with intimate knowledge of the team for more than a decade.

12. Moderator1

Well, since your sources are so solid - you need to get your ass offline and get this big, national scoop into print or online. I'm sure your bosses will be thrilled with you sharing news here first.
    I look forward to reading the finished product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.