1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I always knew Gilbert was a gunner, but damn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Since neither had a permit, which is next to impossible to get in DC, I guess that it violates DC law.

BTW, does there have to be a provision in the CBA banning guns in the locker rooms to ban guns in the locker room? Is there a provision in the CBA banning buggery from the locker room or is it limited to the designated training area?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

TMZ is trying to justify/hype its sports venture. It will probably play this one up too. But the rest of the non-sports media?

This story wouldn't explode unless it happened in the Lakers, Cavs or Celtics locker room. And involved the biggest names on those teams.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great scene.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

I thought it was hilarious.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The gun was not fired and there is no art or video of the event. I just think this will quietly go away, which is exactly what Stern and the NBA wants.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

There's also reports that the Post's story - which took Yahoo's version and spiced it up nicely - is just wrong, that there was an incident between the two over gambling but didn't involve gun play. So who knows. Believe crazy Gilbert or crazy new York Post, which gets plenty of stories wrong - It's Gephardt!

http://www.csnwashington.com/01/01/10/Chris-Miller-Arenas-Did-Not-Brandish-Gun/landing_09.html?blockID=110543&feedID=2992

7. Songbird

funny, i just got to the part where simmons is talking about gary payton at length and referenced game 1 of the '94 choke series against the nuggs. allegedly, payton and ricky pierce got to the point in a locker room fight (before the game) and each threatened to get their guns. there's no attribution to that, though. i'm not at a computer now, so can anyone verify that with some links?

8. mojo20205

mojo20205 Member

"Raymond, is that you?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You need you a good gun, man. Especially out here.

10. Songbird

From the SI vault ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1017980/index.htm

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Doesn't involve a superstar. Doesn't involve gambling. Not a New York story.

Ergo, no one outside of hoopheads cares.

12. It does involve a superstar. It does involve gambling.

I stand by my contention that if two NBA players drew guns on each other in a locker room, and are, say, banished for life, it becomes an enormous crossover news story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.