1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I absolutely (expletive) cannot stand Whitlock anymore

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Nov 19, 2007.

1. silentbob

silentbob Member

A beat writer voting his team No. 1 when everyone else in the country ranks them three, four, five spots lower does look a tad homerish.

But who knows, maybe he sees something the rest of us dont. This season has been so crazy it's hard to tell what's going on.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Once upon a time, there were some non-douche Republicans. If there's a US Senator today with even half of ol' Bob's moral courage and common sense, I'm unaware of that legislator (please enlighten me...I'd love to be surprised).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. markvid

markvid Guest

Like context is an issue to you.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the lone no. 1 vote is from the beat writer

[​IMG]

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

True, but "everyone else" has been made to look the fool before.

See Simpson, Corky, 1992.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

He related to Homer?

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I agree that it could seem homerish, but he's most familiar with MU and the Big 12. I'm not a voter and don't think it's an easy task, but i'd think it would be easier to judge teams you are familiar with and give them a number with certainty then teams you've only seen on TV, in highlights or read about. Just a guess. Sure he's the MU beat writer and votes them 1 when I don't know if anyone else did. But I bet he can give a better argument for why he voted MU 1, KU 2 than anyone else and that would probably be more convincing than him defending LSU as No. 1 when he hasn't seen them live.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, fatboy's doing the voting for him.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The last time Mizzou and Kansas played a game with national title implications, John Brown was rushing Sigma Nu.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Probably because Missouri students made a t-shirt glorifying the fact that a group of Americans massacred an entire town of Americans for a "cause" that was slavery.

You're barking up the wrong tree on this one. Wonder how the black players on Missouri feel about the t-shirts?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm sure they're appalled.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm sure they have no idea what theT-shirts represent.

Draft saved Draft deleted