1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical Situation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DEB, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Deb, I think black is the colour the lady is looking for....or wilted roses to signify the end. If he did not get the pictue, he will with dead roses (the relationship is dead)

2. Tell him you're gay -- as of today.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That's what Homer Simpson would suggest.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Or leave him a message saying that you wished you could have been there when the flowers were delivered, but you were at the doctor with "vagina problems." Guys love that.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You expect us to believe any woman would give it up to you?

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I don't see outofplace defending himself here....

Can we read the answer on this one?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some things are just ridiculous enough that they aren't worth correcting....like the idea that slappy could get any woman, much less her. I'd say my wife is out of his league, but she might take that as too left-handed of a compliment.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Try a sending a restraining order.

That should get the point across.

9. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

That's the correct answer. Refusing the flowers is rude, but you need to make things crystal clear for the guy. "You seem like a great guy, but I just don't think the chemistry is there. I hope you can find someone you really connect with." Just shoot him an email and be done with it.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell him thanks but ...

... you want to remain friends
    ... you just are coming off a serious relationship and don't want to be tied down
    ... he seems like a nice guy but your boyfriend Killer is up for parole and you want to see how that goes.
    ... you are a sex addict who is trying to break the habit and in fact last night was the first time you've been out with a guy and didn't sleep with him since you were 15. Thanks for giving you the strength to abstain.
    ... your doctor wants you to hold off dating until after round two of the "surgical process."
    ... you'd love to see him again but the Centers for Disease Control is all up in your grill again and won't permit it.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This would encourage a lot of guys I know.

Draft saved Draft deleted