1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hypothetical question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cubs, Jan 18, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hmm. I'm a little biased. :)

MLB, 1912-1922.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Women's tennis in the 1980s -- Chrissie and Martina.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

You'd be lucky to get a C with that one.

4. sportschick

Well the one I really wanted, hockey in the 70s was taken, and I bet I could get an A on it. I managed to pull on A on a paper discussing the impact the Medical and Family Leave Act was having on businesses a year after it was passed.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd write about the night college football went to hell, then pray the professor didn't look at espn.com.

7. sportschick

Dude, I'm drunk. I'm incapable of simmering down.

8. WSKY

WSKY Member

what night was that?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Better hurry and interview spnited while he's still "well." :D :D :D <---------fucking dickhead dickhead dickhead!!!!

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Penn State 14, Miami 10 on Jan. 2, 1987, in the Fiesta Bowl. ESPN ran a long -- and great -- feature on the events in the weeks that led up to that game, which became a blueprint of sorts for the BCS.

11. WSKY

WSKY Member

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

I would say professional football from 1959 to 1969. Pro football went from being a fairly unimportant fall sport with 12 teams doing mostly local telecasts to a sport with 26 teams which increased in popularity. You deal with the structure and ownership of the sport, the television contracts, the way the game changed, and they way the game developed so that the Super Bowl became a national holiday.

Draft saved Draft deleted