1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hypothetical 2009 Saratoga Day Trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ben_Hecht, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nobody's handing down conditions/terms, here.

This is an exploration into the Land of Possibilities.

If Critical Mass could be attained on a specific Saturday/Sunday during the meeting,
    a good time could be had by all, potentially.

Saratoga.

It this word connotates nothing to you, move on.

If it carries the meaning it carries for so many, good.

The game's not all about the Triple Crown and the BC, as hardened veterans are aware.

Those interested in the concept of an sj day-trip amusement park ride at the site of the Greatest
    Show on Earth for the sport in question -- as it was meant to be played, during high
    summer, on God's own dirt -- feel free to float potential dates/time frames during which you could
    conceivably take part.

No Critical Mass, no action. On the other hand, Greatest Good for the Greatest Number . . .
    if the most favorable day or dates for most are outside my ability to participate, tough
    shit on me.

This could be interesting.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what much of your post means - but I'm game just about any time in August.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I could probably do it the first week of August, when I'm on furlough and on the East Coast.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hopeful people will delineate (multiple) dates this could work for them. Given that,
    way will be clear to make it possible for the greatest number to participate.
    Have an ideal date in mind for me -- a Sunday, on which I would be working my way back to home base after attending a Saturday-night Red Sox game -- but I'm
    not looking to influence/restrict participation. If a day works for a dozen people,
    but not for me, tough shit on me. Play on.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think he is asking if you want to go to mass in Saratoga on a Sunday.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Saturdays would be easier for me than Sundays, and I'm not sure I could make it regardless, but I'll wait for a date to be chosen and see from there.

Grand idea, however.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Since Saratoga is church, the comparison is apt.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My dad lives about four exits down the Northway from Saratoga. Unfortunately, I won't be going out east this summer.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I live approximately 45 minutes away, and I have Fridays and Saturdays off, so any of those days during the meet would be pretty good.

EDIT: Seeing that a couple people have mentioned the first week in August, why not August 7th or 8th (Friday or Saturday)?

2nd week of the meet, shouldn't be ridiculously crowded (usually Sundays are), maybe we can get a mini-SJ outing.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you do it on Friday the 7th, I have a friend visiting I could drag along. :D

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't do weekdays this year, but that doesn't mean people who can do Fridays can't do doubleheaders . . .

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

bump . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted