1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hurting kids hurt you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

After reading Creole's thread about his little one having surgery, I was reminded how big of a caring wuss I have become since my two boys were born (one is 4 and the other 17 months now).
    I have always been kind of hard and heartless when it came to the news and followed a survival of the fittest mentality until my kids were born.
    Now when I read a story involving child abuse, neglect or kid-killers, it really gets to me and hurts. I just sometimes want to become a vigilante and go take out anyone who hurts children. People always used to tell me, "You just don't understand because you aren't a parent," and I passed it off as B.S. Now, I understand completely and tell people the same thing whenever I read a news story about a child being hurt.
    Did the rest of you go through the same change? Anyone else want to join my vigilante kid-hurter's brigade?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Re: Hurting kids impact you?

The overuse of the word 'impact' causes me pain.

3. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Sorry, Buck, should've used affect. it is fixed just for you!

Draft saved Draft deleted