1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hunting Deer Like Napoleon Once Did.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This is completely random, but this reminds me of a prof I had in college who made his own bows and arrows.

And yet this was a guy who people called Costanza because of his resemblance.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This was a guy whose idea of a good time was going camping in Algonquin Park in the middle of winter with the temperature around -25.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I offer up the double-barrel cannon in Athens, Ga.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I do both. With today's technological advances, bow hunting is almost easier than gun hunting.

6. SigR

SigR Member

It's a great page. And could be taken as pro-guns'n'huntin or anti-guns'n'huntin depending on whether you want to view it as satire or not. The skinned deer at the bottom of the page with the holes in it made me frown and not like the person who wrote the page too much. But I still recognize the humor.

I'm in favor of treating animals well. But also realize the hypocricy in eating a steak. And I don't think animals have rights or deserve any sort of legal protection. So no, I'm not a PETA-hugger. Sorry to confuse you with my positions. I'm 90% libertarian if that helps.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How the other Napoleon kills deer ...

[​IMG]

Oh, and whenever I think of Napoleon, he's eating a giant bowl of ice cream in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. :D

8. Ziggy Piggy!

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is my weapon, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this one's for fun.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like that. You could get a deer and a dove with one blast.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Really? Nearly two pages and still no mention of SNL's "American Sportsman Today" - hunting with semi-automatic weapons? This week's guests included Rush Limbaugh, Ron Wood and Charlton Heston!

[​IMG]

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, dammit Trey. My post was "I thought Napoleon spent his summer hunting wolverines."

Draft saved Draft deleted