1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hugo Chavez: today's lesson in irony

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Wow, yeah I wasn't even aware I liked Chavez. Phew, I'm glad I know now. :D

2. Actually, no.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Come up with the proof, if you feel lucky. So far, the Washington Post, NY Times, AP, etc haven't been able to do that, in regards to the 2000 election.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sucking as a person=not voting the way King Maximus the Doofus thinks you should vote.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn has spoken. Please to be finding one post on this entire board where someone said Chavez is one of their favorite people. Otherwise, please to be SingTFU.

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

OK, just for fun. List the others.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Small point of contention... Chavez's speech, while encompassed by NYC, wasn't actually on US soil as it actually took place inside the UN.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Would that be a case of:

[​IMG]

Just kidding Pastor. You made a legit point.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Yes, people whose governments we try to overthrow tend to be rather popular with their constituents the next time around. Wonder why that is.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Actually, Pastor, even with the blue font, I did think of that and you're right.
    But, still...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If Kim Il Jong played golf with Hugo Chavez, who would win?

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"And that's why -- there was an earlier question about has the President said anything to people in his own party -- they're reminders to all Americans that they need to watch what they say, watch what they do. This is not a time for remarks like that; there never is."

Let freedom ring, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.