1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee made a funny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just a different kind of awful.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I dunno, I think he might could give Dubya a run for it!

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He's going to be Hillary's worst nightmare in the battle of character. He knows where lots of skeletons are stashed in the Natural State.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Well, considering all of Huck's ethics abuses while Governor, I don't think Hillary has to search very far to find his...

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yes, you should be tolerant of his viewpoints. Just as he should be tolerant of yours.

I don't know about others, but my religion teaches love for all men, no matter how jacked up their viewpoints.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry, but there will never be tolerance from me towards a man that wants to place individuals in internment camps based on the way they were born. I'm not going to be tolerant of the KKK's views either. They are wrong as well.

I am tolerant of him being a simpleton, though. I hope that makes you feel better.

As to overall picture of tolerance... it doesn't play a role in his election. I tolerate his right to exist. I tolerate his ability to hold his views. I will not tolerate the idea that someone as simple and bigoted hold the highest office on the face of the earth.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Perhaps you are talking to a man who loathes religion and rejects everything about it. In other words, people who are religious aren't intelligent enough to realize the farce it is. His apparent viewpoint, not mine.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I tolerate your right to exist. That will apparently be seen by others as a hateful remark; if it is, so is yours toward the man campaigning for office. But if you wind up with the option of tolerating him in office or leaving the country to avoid it, what's your choice, um, reverend?

9. three_bags_full

Then, shouldn't you be the better man?

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Bigot: Any one who sees things differently from the one who calls himself pastor.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What would your definition of better be?

I don't recall advocating locking Huckabee in jail or some internment camp (which he would love to do with friends of mine). I didn't even say he shouldn't be governor of Arkansas. I simply stated that he is unqualified for the position he is applying for. There is nothing in his history that says he can do the job.

12. three_bags_full

I'm not talking about Huckabee. I could give a shit what he does or says. To each his own.

You made several hateful remarks above. For someone who's preaching tolerance and understanding, those remarks hurt your credibility.

Draft saved Draft deleted