1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee Goes After Natalie Portman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I imagine the reaction would be something like this

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It wasn't even the dumbest thing he said this week.

But, it wasn't like he went on the show with the purpose of trashing Natalie Portman (who is absolutely beautiful).

I actually heard the interview live. Medved asked him about it and Huck replied.

I don't think either really beat her up personally. It was more about her situation becoming so mainstream and/or normal that not only does no one bat an eye, but it's celebrated.

And, it was in terms of the fact that it was on a broadcast that is seen worldwide.

I don't really agree with their take. She's marrying the guy, so they're obviously in a committed relationship.

I know plenty of people who have gotten the order wrong.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's nothing about her situation that is abnormal, though, regardless of what Huckabee and his acolytes might want to pretend like they believe.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing with you on that.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

:-X

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, I know you're not. But plenty of people would.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What exactly are "out of children wedlock"?

That's a new phrase in my book. Must be an Arkansas thing.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Huck doesn't think it's abnormal. But he thinks it should be. In my heart of hearts, I know he's right.

(P.S. He's not right about everything. Most of his marriage policy views have no basis in anything resembling reality. But he is right that children are better off in stable situations with two involved parents).

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Read an article the other day outlining Portman's scientific chops as a high-school student. That is probably what caused the animosity from conservatives.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was that a Natalie Portman reference in "The Social Network" when they mentioned something about a "Hollywood star" being enrolled at Harvard at the time?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It was. She and Zuck were there at the same time.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Here's the article about Portman's smarts: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/science/01angier.html

And here's a good takedown of Huck's insanity this week: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/the-fictions-of-mike-huckabee/?hp

Draft saved Draft deleted