1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS player saves perfect season by making game-winning shot -- then dies.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Mar 4, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's not the only person who found that quip funny.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not much of a perfect season when someone DIES ON THE FREAKING COURT DURING A GAME.

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Ugh. Horrible. Some people have no sense.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Geez, I feel like farted in the face of a handicapped nun.
    I was taking a shot at the "died doing what he loved" line of thinking, not a horrible tragedy. The comments on the thread were trending a certain way and I rolled with it. Obviously, it did not go over as intended. If anyone's sensibilities were offended, then I offer my apologies.
    Now let's move on and get back to the original point of the thread. I'll hang up and listen from here on out.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Would rather read lame jokes than a condescending, pompous putdown of said jokes any day. But that's just me.

6. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Fennville won their first game in the state tournament in front of 3000+ fans tonight. Both teams wore memorial t-shirts during warmups.

They are now 21-0, but will have a tough time making a deep run under the circumstances.

7. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Was just reading a couple of other neat details from the tourney game: From Lawrence's readiness to move the site of the game to help Fennville fans travel to and attend it, to a combined dinner with both teams attended by former NBA star Bo Kimble, who lost his friend and collegiate teammate Hank Gathers in similar fashion 21 years ago, the entire event made it impossible not to focus on something besides the game on the court.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

+1

The shit about the cheerleader was funny.

Some of you need to lighten the fuck up and not take yourself - or life - so fucking seriously all the time.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nah. It was lame. Even taking offensive out of the equation, it was a lame joke.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sixth- or seventh-grade humor, or thereabouts.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Exactly why.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean it wasn't funny - just that a lot of people have a pole stuck up their ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted