1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS girl dunks like a Lebron James

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the WNBA doesn't allow straight jumps from HS.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, your class has to have graduated.

3. jps

jps Active Member

wnba? forget that - girl oughta go play in russia. least there she'll get paid.

4. RickStain

She needs to play against men to get respect. Maybe a top under-16 team...

5. jps

jps Active Member

yeah ... cause that worked out so well for that golfer ... michelle something ...

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In effect you are saying that Lebron James dunks like a girl.

7. RickStain

I was kinda taking a sexist dig (like how the best womens player ever would need to play on a men's U-16 team to be able to keep up).

8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

And Nimitz loses in the state title game tonight. Griner had like 19 points. They held her in check pretty good.

9. micke77

micke77 Member

Britney Criner is the real deal, guys and gals.
    She will be the next great player in the women's game, from everything I've learned about her.
    She is heading to Baylor University, who has signed the No. 1 class in the country for next year.
    I interviewed Baylor head coach Kim Mulkey and assistant Leon Barmore (the former Louisiana Tech coach) recently and they both were saying she is absolutely unreal. And these are two coaches, particularly Barmore, who seldom gush with an overabundance of praise on such recruits.
    Barmore, specifically, said he hasn't seen anybody that talented at that age.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

You guys are at least a little less asinine on this topic than the readers who comment on stories about Griner. So tired of them.

Brittney is a great girl ... actually fairly quiet and reserved despite her abilities (and stature). I've seen her dunk multiple times in person ... and not just run-up-and-chuck-it-in crap dunks, but full-on tricks and such. She's impressive and she committed to Baylor the summer before her junior year of HS when she went to a camp there and met Kim Mulkey.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

please don't throw all of us into that group. not my fault rickstain is a fuckwad.

12. micke77

micke77 Member

Leon Barmore came back through our area recently and I asked him about Criner and his eyes lit up.
    He said he couldn't believe how good she is and will be. And as I noted earlier, he is one who seldom gets all mushy with praise about recruits who have yet to play a college game. Yet, in Criner's case, he couldn't say enough about her.
    Judging from Barmore's comments, believe Ms. Criner could kick some guy's asses on the court if some needed to be convinced how good she is.

Draft saved Draft deleted