1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS Basketball — newspaper exchange

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Toby Carrig, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Toby Carrig

Toby Carrig Member

Similar to the football preview exchange, I am inviting newspapers to send me 20 copies or so of their high school basketball state tournament coverage (previews, championship game coverage) to be exchanged with other newspapers.
    Here as an excerpt from the APSE article/piece/saga/story on it:

In the last eight months, we have had two newspaper "exchanges."
    The first was an exchange-and-critique in which about a half-dozen small newspapers participated.
    The second was an exchange for football preview sections, which had about 30 different newspapers of various sizes sending me their football sections for exchange with others.
    I pondered a third with the Super Bowl coverage, but with every small paper in the United States and every paper in the Great Plains sending contest material my way in February, I've decided to go with something that could be of greater interest to small papers: High school basketball (and wrestling) state tournament coverage.
    Many small papers blow out the coverage their local teams playing in state tournaments, or the event itself may be in your city, like Glens Falls, N.Y., or Yakima, Wash.
    So, when the tournaments roll around, if you want to bundle up 15 or 20 sections from one or two days of the event – preview sections, championship recaps, etc. – and fire them along to me, I will match up a package for return.
    The football section exchange operated on a get-as-you-give basis: Papers that sent me 20 copies received 20 different editions in return.
    I will provide a mailing address closer to the time papers will need to be sent.

You can e-mail me at tcarrig@semissourian.com to be on the list and I will update it here, or you can post your interest in participating on this thread.
    Thanks.

2. JamesCimburek

JamesCimburek New Member

Count the Yankton Press & Dakotan in. We might throw a couple different ones in there, since we have state wrestling/hockey on the same weekend, then a couple of weeks of state basketball. James D. Cimburek

Draft saved Draft deleted