1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HPV: Not just causing cancer in women

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 1, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You waited 10 minutes, and that's the best you can do?

Go throw your Steelers jersey on and STFU.

:D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I will now follow you around, making snarky unprovoked comments and whimpering about how everybody's picking on me when you respond with invective. :)

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Really? Pussy.

The Republicans, hard at work
    Floridians, please vote Traviesa out of office.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I can't say what I wish upon those people. That is all.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, yes ... there was also the little camera my gyn shoved up my hoohoo so he could see what he was doing on a monitor. There was a little monitor for me, so I could watch, too, and I asked him to kindly turn it off. I had no desire whatsoever to watch what was happening. Just get it done.

6. JayFarrar

I mean, come on, what would you rather have?
    An informational packet telling you about a cancer that could kill you or a shot that could keep you from getting the cancer that could kill you?
    This seems like the easiest question of all time, and Rick Perry the Republican Governor of Texas got the correct answer. His being the first state to have mandatory shots.
    You might be able to oppose the vaccine on the science of it, not that many cancer strands are hit or questions about the safety of the vaccine, but to claim moral outrage is stupidity beyond words.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

The debate up here seems to be less of a sexual nature and more of a scientific one.

In March 2007 the Canadian federal government announced CA$300million in funding to help provinces vaccinate their girls against HPV, and in August, the premier of Ontario announced a provincial investment of CA$117 million.

But because Merck is the only pharmaceutical company with an approved version of the vaccination, some are questioning whether the vaccine is safe or not.

But then, the August 27, 2007 cover story of Maclean's magazine announced, "Our Girls Aren't Guinea Pigs" and the public debate heated up significantly.

http://www.prwatch.org/node/6424

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah but see, according to those people, the three women in this thread who have experienced HPV are whores who probably deserved it because of their promiscuity.

9. JayFarrar

Well, obviously.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We're all whores.

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

HPV is actually the root (pun intended) for what caused the "Tree Man" to become the way he is.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like whores.

Draft saved Draft deleted